Friday, March 18, 2011

Continued From See Ya Later Alligator

So starting from where I left off. Yesterday Mom and I went looking for alligators by the track. There is a pond at each end and a drainage ditch by one. We looked in the ditch and sure anough there was a 4 to 6 foot long alligator! Half of him was out of the water so we could see his head and most of his back! Then this afternoon Mom and I went to see if he was still there sunning himself and he was! Along with a nutrea rat. I'll post pictures but right now it's 10:45 and past bedtime

LAUREN

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I have never seen an alligator outside of a zoo. I think I would have been a little nervous! Are nutrea rats native to the US? I'm not very familiar with them. They're big and they like the water, right? Sounds like you had a fun spring break!

    ReplyDelete