Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snowy Days

Last night it started snowing, just little flurries but enough to see in the street lamps. Then the call came that they had canceled school for today, Mom and I did a victory dance, much to Dad's amusement. When I got up this morning there was quite a lot of snow already, maybe five inches. It kept snowing for most of the day, creating some really quite beautiful scenes.




 (All of these photos are from last year, I didn't have any photos from today/this year. This year it looks kind of like those photos, maybe a little less deep, though I'm not quite sure, as I haven't been out of the house yet.)
Mom and I spent today watching movies and baking homemade "Oreos". We plan to spend some time tomorrow organizing our basement and scrap booking. And maybe, if we're feeling adventurous, we'll go outside and play. but we will definitely be bringing Muddy (our dog) inside, even though, being the spoiled dog she is, she has a huge house with heated carpet!

Around four or five this evening, the call came that school was canceled for tomorrow as well!
I know that many people don't care for the snow, and I don't if I have to go anywhere, but when there is a lot of snow and we can just stay home, I really love the snow. It is beautiful and magical.
So tell me, how much snow have you had this winter? How do you feel about snow? What are your favorite snow day activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment