Monday, May 19, 2014

Wild Kingdom

You guys all know just how much I adore all animals, so yesterday was an interesting day for me! I had a few unusual encounters with some animals and I thought that I might share them with you.

Interaction #1: On the way home from Hutchinson, Mom and I  hit a turkey! It was on the other side of the road and it kept taking a few steps foreword, then a few steps back. Suddenly it took off and started flying towards us, it smacked the windshield right in front of me! We're all okay and the car is too, but I don't know about the turkey, it'll probably be eaten by a coyote.

Interaction #2: On our bike ride last night, Mom and I went to see some horses that she had noticed while she was running. They were absolutely stunning! They are pastured East of the Old Mill and the industrial park here in Buhler. It was dusky and hard to get a really good look at them, but they were both pinto coloration with one looking to be an black and white Overo and the other a black and white Tobiano. Mom thinks she knows who they belong to, but she's not quite sure. The horses both loped over when they saw us coming, but wouldn't get up close, so we just stayed and watched them jog about.


Interaction #3: Also on our bike ride last night, Mom and I spotted a cat sitting in the middle of the road. We rode our bikes up and saw that it had something, upon closer inspection we realized that the cat had a bird! We rode our bikes up on either side of the cat, and I chased the cat away while Mom caught the little bird. The bird appeared to be a young starling, it seemed to have adult feathers, but wasn't flying. We don't know if it was injured, too young to fly, or pretending to be hurt to lure the cat away from the nest. Mom put the bird in a nook in a nearby tree, we hope that it will be okay!


Have you had an interesting animal experience? It doesn't have to be a wild animal, my dog does some odd things sometimes. :)

Well, It's finally warm again (It's been around 60 degrees Fahrenheit lately, and is now about 80) so I'm going to go walk my dog! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment