Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bedroom Redo

I'm fairly sure that I've mentioned my bedroom decor before, but I thought that today might be a good day to elaborate on it, seeing as we're redoing it this week.

Before I was born, my parents thought that I was going to be a boy (because Goertzens just have boys, almost ALL of my cousins are boys!) so they made my room vehicle themed. The wallpaper had houses and a road with trucks and cars, I adored it, and loved to count the houses as I fell asleep at night
.
Then, when I was approx. 7, I decided that I wanted to redo it. We painted the walls bright/pepto pink, and decorated it with pictures of the Eiffel Tower.


This is my room as of this past March, nothing has changed, except I took down the wreath hanging in the corner. You can click on the picture to make it bigger.

Now, I've decided that I'm done with the pink, It's not ugly or terrible, it's simply a large amount of very bright pink. We're painting the walls pale blue. We may also be trading in my bunk bed which dominates most of the room, for a white iron frame daybed that my grandparents have.


This is what we are painting my room, Behr brand paint, from Home Depot.

I'm excited about painting, and I have considered moving the furniture around a bit. (my room  is teeny, so using the space is important.) But the part I'm most unsure of, is the bed switch. I love using the top bunk as a reading nook, and I can have a friend sleep up there if they stay the night. I also love how cozy the bottom bunk (where I normally sleep) feels, it makes me feel sheltered. And I can hang stuff from the bunks, my bed is covered in stuff taped to it, notes from Mom, pictures, and other random stuff.
Basically, I'm weighing the visual space the bunk bed takes up and the fact that I'll be able to sit and read on my bed VS. the cozy bottom bunk and the familiarity with my current bed. I think I'll try the new bed for a while, and we can always move my bunk bed back in if necessary.

Well, If you guys enjoyed this, I may put up pictures of my finished room!


P.S. I find that unlike some girls my age, I enjoy having a clean room and I am constantly tidying my room. I don't like to be in my room if there is stuff all over the floor!
Do any of you feel this way? What is your favorite (or least favorite) part of your house/room to clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment