Friday, June 27, 2014

Hair Bravery!

Note: I spend this entire post boring you with a history of what I've done to my hair in the past. I'm sorry! :) I promise to write something extra interesting soon!

I almost never  do anything new or vaguely interesting to my hair. My hair is naturally blond, and has always had amazing highlights. My hair is slowly darkening, which is reasonable seeing that my Mom's hair is dark brown and my Dad's is light brown. I have pretty much always had long-ish hair, anywhere from around my shoulders to my lower back. When I was seven, I had my first major haircut. I went from having hair down to my lower back, to having a very short bob! Everyone said that it was cute, but I genuinely disliked it. Strongly. 

The summer before 6th grade, I cut my hair short again. I won't go into details, since I remember posting about it. I loved that haircut, it wasn't quite as short.

The point of all that boringness was that I've never been very daring about my hair, I love the natural color, and am generally not very dramatic with cuts and styles.

Anyway, recently I decided to do something a little different! I decided to dye my hair! The other day, Mom and I popped into Sally's Beauty Supply and bought some teal hair dye...
I just got done rinsing the excess dye from my hair! We didn't do my whole head, only a large streak at the front. It turned out a lovely shade of vibrant aqua/teal. Mom only dyed the top layer, and didn't dye the tiny front young hairs, simply for the sake of me not having a blue face for the next week or two!  :)



MY HAIR IS BLUE!!! It looks prettier now that it's dry, I took those photos when it was damp and stringy. It's much prettier in real life. It has all different tones and shades in it, ranging from TARDIS blue,to nearly green, and every shade of blue and blue-green in between! It's also sort of metallic and shimmery. The dye smelled amazing! It made my hair smell very good and feel very soft.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Do you guys have any tips for dyeing hair? My hair is light enough that we won't have to lighten it, and the dye we used was semi-permanent. The color should last for about 6 weeks.

P.S. I typed this in a new font, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment